Wednesday, May 12, 2010

D.I.Y. AMERICA



OS Gemeos NY Mural

Last week I mentioned my awesome friend Yogi Proctor and now it's time to spotlight his incredible wife Carol Martori, she's one of my favorite humans on earth, unbelievably intelligent, charismatic, hilarious and an amazing film editor.  She's edited for the History Channel, The National Geographic Channel, PBS, ARTE, ZDF, Fuel TV and is currently editing a documentary on Willie Nelson.  Recently she did a piece with Aaron Rose who directed the Beautiful Losers documentary, he collaborated with Wieden and Kennedy to take extra stories that didn't make the film and created D.I.Y. AMERICA.  Carol edited the interviews with graffiti artists Swoon and OS Gemeos and worked with all three to help craft the series.  Check out the clip, it's only 3 minutes and an incredible look into the life of graffiti art and those who create it, talk about pure, to have a look click here.


D.I.Y. and the Beautiful Losers was produced by Jon Barlowe and Arlo Rosner at Blacklake Productions and I just want to say Carol's made some pretty cool shorts herself, I got to star in one years ago and I can't wait to see what she does in the future.....



No comments:

Post a Comment