Friday, June 3, 2011

A Little Magic





I'm not one to jump on bandwagons when trends go out of control like with the recent massive feather craze but I do love & appreciate them and used to wear loads in my hair all the time.  This cover is absolutely gorgeous and reminds me of why they're so special, she's like a magical tribal goddess....

Speaking of tribal magic, my career continues to shape shift (as usual) and I recently assisted  Rich Van Every and Akria  Chan on a video project for Art Pulse which is part of the San Diego Fine Arts Society.  The video spotlights Silfredo La O who has an opening with them tonight.  This man is a world class Cuban dancer and incredible artist combining his native traditional dance and ceremonies with canvas & paint to create wonderful works of art. I've been apart of a few video projects over the years but this definitely took it to another level.  I helped on set, got to film behind the scenes footage and took loads of still photos.  I didn't style Silfredo, he had a clear idea of what he wanted to wear but the experience in general was one to remember and has me excited for future project with these talented filmakers.   (I apologize for the size of the video, I'm having a little issue with Blogger.)






No comments:

Post a Comment